[Kamailio-Devel] purple db scheme

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Feb 26 10:40:49 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Eric PTAK wrote:
> I'm fixing the issue linked by henning at the bottom of this mail.
> But I was in trouble while testing because my table isn't created when
> using kamdbctl even if I added purple to EXTRA_TABLES variable.
> In fact, it appears there is a trouble with the EXTRA_* variables usage :
> In kamdbctl.dbtext, the loop uses EXTRA_TABLES whereas kamdbctl.mysql uses
> EXTRA_MODULE to create extra tables.

Hi Eric,

yes i know this not optimal. But the problem is that the tables are
differently generated for mysql and dbtext. Thus we need both modules and
tables. :-/

> Moreover, both scripts use EXTRA_MODULE to show the tables when asking the
> user to install thoses tables.
>
> So, two points :
> * which variable to use in order to declare purple table ?
> * may a issue can be opened in order to fix inconsistency

You should add it to three places:

- EXTRA_MODULES in kamctlrc (commented out, hint for the users)
- EXTRA_MODULES in kamdbctl.base (the default)
- EXTRA_TABLES in kamdbctl.base

If the purple module only needs one table, and if its named "purple" then just
add this to the end of the three definitions.