[Kamailio-Devel] packaging updates for 1.5

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 19:02:37 CET 2009

On 02/25/2009 07:31 PM, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 February 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> I think we should review the packaging split based on needs. So far we
>> did based on dependencies, which is not following users demands.
>>
>> There was a thread about updating the config file as well. I propose to
>> have in the main package:
>> - mysql module
>> - pcre-related modules
>> - carrierroute
>>
>> From discussions on the lists, these are very used. These will add new
>> dependencies, but if taken from an apt repo, it is easier to get them. I
>> am thinking about the usability of what we deliver out of the box,
>> aspect which is very relevant in adoption of application and lowering
>> support requests from novices.
>>

> Hi Daniel,
>
> yes, we've now quite a lot different packages, so this sounds resonable. For
> debian systems i see no problems with the additional dependencies, but on
> other systems things looks perhaps a little bit different. Anyway, do you
> considers to change this for 1.5? Its perhaps a bit to late, as we want to
> release next week..

If we will deliver an updated cfg file, with auth against mysql, then at
least db_mysql module should be included in main package. The rest I
considered pretty used by community, therefore providing them by default
would easy the life for newbees.

> And with regards to the SER project, they also exclude modules with external
> depencencies from their normal build and also probably the packaging as well.

The default config there seems to have mysql loaded. Probably they have
a bit different system, not sure, though.

> So perhaps its resonable to find a common way in the sip-router project.

Probably such discussion will happen again before the next release based
on sip-router project. Fortunately soon we will focus on one mainstream,
therefore more time and resources for additional tools...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com