[Kamailio-Devel] packaging updates for 1.5

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Feb 25 18:31:36 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 February 2009, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> I think we should review the packaging split based on needs. So far we
> did based on dependencies, which is not following users demands.
>
> There was a thread about updating the config file as well. I propose to
> have in the main package:
> - mysql module
> - pcre-related modules
> - carrierroute
>
> From discussions on the lists, these are very used. These will add new
> dependencies, but if taken from an apt repo, it is easier to get them. I
> am thinking about the usability of what we deliver out of the box,
> aspect which is very relevant in adoption of application and lowering
> support requests from novices.

Hi Daniel,

yes, we've now quite a lot different packages, so this sounds resonable. For
debian systems i see no problems with the additional dependencies, but on
other systems things looks perhaps a little bit different. Anyway, do you
considers to change this for 1.5? Its perhaps a bit to late, as we want to
release next week..

And with regards to the SER project, they also exclude modules with external
depencencies from their normal build and also probably the packaging as well.
So perhaps its resonable to find a common way in the sip-router project.