[Kamailio-Devel] Conversion of kamailio modules

Jan Janak jan at ryngle.com
Wed Feb 25 10:34:40 CET 2009

Hello,

I started converting kamailio modules yesterday, in the first step I'm trying
to see if I can make them compile and load. I haven't tried to verify if they
really work. Currently I can compile the following kamailio modules:

  acc
  auth
  auth_db
  auth_diameter
  auth_radius
  alias_db
  benchmark
  db_unixodbc
  carrierroute
  cfgutils
  db_berkeley
  db_flatstore
  db_mysql
  db_oracle
  db_postgres
  db_text
  db_unixodbc
  diversion
  exec
  h350
  maxfwd
  misc_radius
  mi_xmlrpc
  pdt
  peering
  permissions
  pike
  regex
  rr
  sanity
  siputils
  speeddial
  sqlops
  statistics
  uri_db
  userblacklist
  xcap_client
  xlog

There is 93 modules in kamailio repository, that means I can currently compile
about 40% of them on the sip-router core.

Most of the modules above required some manual changes, but not exteremely
complicated. The biggest issue is extra stuff in kamalio core which is missing
(or present on other modules) in the sip-router core. I created a new shared
library called libkcore and whenever I find that something is missing in
sip-router, I take it from kamailio and put it in the library.

It's not that nice because there will be duplicated code, but I think we
should first try to make everything compile and then we can think about how to
organize the code better.

   Jan.