[Kamailio-Devel] More about URI port and URI parameters when comparing SIP URI's

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Tue Feb 24 21:40:20 CET 2009

El Martes, 24 de Febrero de 2009, Klaus Darilion escribió:

> > They are equivalent since port must be ignored when comparing URI's in
> > From/To headers (according to the table above).
>
> As I first guess I would say the table is buggy. It is weird that an URI
> has a different meaning when used in a different header. If someone's
> SIP AoR is "sip:user at domain.org:9999", then IMO the port has to be in
> the From URI too - otherwise you can't call the caller back.

I'm not so sure. An user doesn't need to set in the From the port in which him
proxy responsible of the domain is listening.

In fact is very common when having a proxy listening in port i.e. 5070 to
configure the phone as follows:

- domain: mydomain.org  -> DNS A entry pointing to PROXY_IP
- outbound proxy: PROXY_IP:5070

So the From will be like:
  From: <sip:user at mydomain.org> (with no port).

When the called whises to call the caller back it's supposed that it will
perform a DNS SRV query for "mydomain.org" that will result
in "PROXY_IP:5070".

In the case of e-mail, nobody adds the SMTP port of him mail server to the
From URI.

But I fully recognize that this issue is not very clear.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo