[Kamailio-Devel] doc/entities.xml review for 1.5

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Tue Feb 10 22:24:13 CET 2009

10 feb 2009 kl. 22.03 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla:

> Thanks Olle for your time and review!
>
> On 02/10/2009 10:45 PM, Johansson Olle E wrote:
>> <!ENTITY kamailioname "Kamailio SIP Router">
>> Is this really the official name? "SIP Router" ?
> Name updated, your suggestion is the right formula we use to refer
> the application.
>>
>> I would suggest to make a small change "Kamailio SIP server platform"
>>
>> <!ENTITY kamailiodbdocs "http://www.kamailio.org/docs/db-tables/kamailio-db-devel.html
>> ">
>>
>> This link doesn't seem to work. I can't say if it's someting
>> missing from the Web move or a dead link.
> Fixed.
>

>> <!ENTITY defaultdb "mysql://openser:openserrw@localhost/openser">
>> <!ENTITY defaultrodb "mysql://openserro:openserro@localhost/openser">
>> <!ENTITY exampledb "dbdriver://username:password@dbhost/dbname">
>>
>> Should we really stay with openser or is it time to change to
>> Kamailio?
> Still the same for the moment as the SourceForge project has the old
> name:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/openser/
>
> The issue with the name (if really was one, as it is more and more
> unclear with the time going on) was for commercial side.
For the db drivers, I think we decided not to change for backwards
compatibility after the fork.
At this time, I think users are aware of the change and it's time to
change the defaults for database links. If they
use these settings in productions, then the SHOULD change anyway and
changing is a good thing (TM).

I suggest we change the defaultdb and the defaultodb settings.

/O