[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-2740437 ] PUBLISH authentication is wrong

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Apr 17 14:53:48 CEST 2009

On 17-04 14:43, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Friday 17 April 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> > >  > Nevertheless, I think we should find a good default behavior and
> > >  > document this.
> > >
> > > there is the example script.  also, auth module README could have real
> > > world examples.
> >
> > I agree, we should focus in improving the modules documentation by
> > adding more examples and real usage cases.
> > but first we need to change the default behaviour of automatic realm
> > selection => no default realm.
> > Do the developers agree on it? it's an important change since it would
> > break current configuration scripts.
>
> Hi Iñaki,
>
> this has been in our default configuration since version 1.2.0. And this
> behaviour is actually sufficient documented in the module readme. SER uses
> also the same way of deriving the realm from the message content, and the
> auth module is probably used from most of the installations.

SER does not derive the realm from the SIP message anymore. For every virtual
domain we have the realm configured in the database. SER determines the
virtual domain from the SIP message and then looks up the corresponding realm
string in the database, in domain_attrs table.

We have switched to this approach because it is much more flexible. We can
have a digest realm which is not the same as the domain name, we can share one
digest realm across multiple virtual domains, and so on.

The contents of the domain_attrs table is cased in domain module so there is
no performance penalty.

  Jan.