[Kamailio-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-2740437 ] PUBLISH authentication is wrong

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Apr 17 14:43:51 CEST 2009

On Friday 17 April 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> >  > Nevertheless, I think we should find a good default behavior and
> >  > document this.
> >
> > there is the example script.  also, auth module README could have real
> > world examples.
>
> I agree, we should focus in improving the modules documentation by
> adding more examples and real usage cases.
> but first we need to change the default behaviour of automatic realm
> selection => no default realm.
> Do the developers agree on it? it's an important change since it would
> break current configuration scripts.

Hi Iñaki,

this has been in our default configuration since version 1.2.0. And this
behaviour is actually sufficient documented in the module readme. SER uses
also the same way of deriving the realm from the message content, and the
auth module is probably used from most of the installations.

So i think we should really confident that the current working of the auth
module is not correct. Then this should be discussed on sr-dev, as we need to
take care to not introduce new incompatibilities in modules that should be
merged in the long run.