[Kamailio-Devel] [SR-Dev] Shared git Repository Ready

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Thu Apr 16 11:36:19 CEST 2009

On 16-04 11:20, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/4/16 Jan Janak <jan at iptel.org>:
> > I am happy to announce that we finished the migration of SER and Kamailio
> > modules into a shared git repository and the git repository is now ready for
> > everyone to use. You can browse the repository here:
> >
> > http://git.sip-router.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=sip-router;a=summary
> >
> > There are currently three directories with modules:
> >
> >  * modules:   This is the directory that contains modules that have been merged
> >               from both projects.
> >  * modules_k: This is the directory that contains updated Kamailio modules.
> >  * modules_s: This is the directory that contains updated SER modules.
>
> Really thanks for your great effort on it.
>
> Let me some questions:
>
> - Is the aim to merge modules from both projects? or will Kamailio
> modules always be in "modules_k"?

The aim is to merge them. We will start moving modules that do not have their
counterpart in the other project into modules/ directory. Modules that exist
in both project will be moved into modules/ once we merge the code.

The ultimate goal is to have all modules in a single directory.

> - If so, which are the requeriments for a k module to become a "real" sr module?

If there is no module with the same name in modules_r then it can be moved
right away. If there is a module with the same name then will need to merge
them somehow (which can be a time-consuming process due to changes in the
database schema).

> - What about module documentation? I still read &kamailio in any
> k_module_admin.xml? How to migrate it?

This is an open topic. Suggestions are welcome.

  Jan.