[Kamailio-Devel] sip-outbound?

Simply Seven simply7 at me.com
Fri Apr 10 03:54:18 CEST 2009

On Apr 9, 2009, at 6:07 AM, Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Kamailio 1.5 supports keep-alive with CRLF on all protocols.
> "outbound" (refering to the IETF outbound draft) keep alive for TCP
> with PING-PONG (CRLFCRLF-CRLF) is supported too. outbound UDP keep-
> alive with STUN on the SIP port is not supported in Kamailio 1.5.
>
> But next Kamailio release will be based on the sip-router project
> core which outbound udp keepalive with STUN on SIP port too.

It will be deprecated immediately because of the use of rfc3489
instead of rfc5389. The guys at the IETF told me the final sip-
outbound will change only the rfc# for STUN and everything else
remains the same. What I find out is that the only SIP Server/Proxy
software that supports this I would have to pay for heavy licensing
fees and since my UAC will be open source this is a sad state of
affairs. There is also a patch from the sip-router project for
kamailio for sip-outbound but as I said it is deprecated.

Surely UAC's aren't relying on TCP to keep the signaling path across
the board? What about UAC's on satellite uplinks where the latency
breaks TCP? I like kamailio because it can scale, but otherwise it
lacks core features that aren't scriptable like this. :(

-s7