[Kamailio-Devel] sip-outbound?

Thu Apr 9 15:07:25 CEST 2009

Simply Seven schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I am having a difficult time deciding on my SIP server, but I am 90%
> leaning on kamailio. A future requirement for my product would be sip-
> outbound UDP using STUN keepalives. I believe there is no sip-outbound
> support in Kamailio, just TCP with \r\n keepalive. This is totally
> fine, for now but for Satellite communications TCP will not work for
> me and thus the need for UDP sip-outbound for UAC's behind NAT.

Kamailio 1.5 supports keep-alive with CRLF on all protocols. "outbound"
(refering to the IETF outbound draft) keep alive for TCP with PING-PONG
(CRLFCRLF-CRLF) is supported too. outbound UDP keep-alive with STUN on
the SIP port is not supported in Kamailio 1.5.

But next Kamailio release will be based on the sip-router project core
which outbound udp keepalive with STUN on SIP port too.

regards
klaus