[Kamailio-Devel] Kamailio Timer Accuracy

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed Sep 24 11:22:37 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 23 September 2008, Jason Penton wrote:
> I was testing the Kamailio timer API today and noticed some inaccuracy and
> wondered if this was known?
>
> If I register a 1 second interval timer and count the ticks I get a
> discrepancy of almost 20s per 5 minutes inaccuracy. What is the feeling on
> this?

Hi Jason,

do you mean if you register a 1 second interval timer, then after 5 minutes it
goes 20 seconds wrong? Wrong to the wallclock, or wrong with regards to
another timer(s)?

20 seconds inaccuracy on 5 minutes is too much. For comparision, we use a
simple sleep based timer approach for some maintainance stuff in older code,
here we get about 1 seconds inaccuracy per 2 hours with a 10 seconds
interval.