[Kamailio-Devel] [Kamailio-Users] what is the best solution NAT problem

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Tue Oct 14 00:38:01 CEST 2008

Ricky Gutierrez wrote:
> I really want to know as for their experience this scenario it is
> possible to connect it or impossible?, I have read much of NAT, and
> the only solution is IAX, but all my clients UAC I have them in openser

I don't know were are you, but do you really think that a Kamailio
server with rtpProxy server behind a NAT ADSL router with dynamic IP,
it's for doing business ? I don't think so.

Talking about you question, the answer is, YES, it's possible to let
that config run having the kamailio and the rtpproxy behind a NAT ADSL
router with dynamic IP, BUT it's a pain in the ass to let it work OK.
The easier way to do it is to have at least a FIXED IP and put the ADSL
router to work as a "modem" and having the IP directly on the server, so
you will, at least, have no problem with port forwarding, broken SIP-ALG
implementation on the router (I don't know any decent ADSL router with a
working one), timeout NAT tables on the router or any other of the 2000
million problems you could have having NAT in the middle of ..

Best Regards.
--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual S.L.