[Kamailio-Devel] append_branch() inside modules

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 00:04:58 CET 2008

Hello,

there are couple of modules that change the R-URI and automatically call
append_branch() if the execution takes place in failure_route, other
modules don't.

Perhaps we should get to a coherent behavior, if not for existing code,
then for the future. Probably the most flexible, better in my opinion,
is to let script writer to call append_branch() in config -- once done,
it is no way now to revert. A new branch should be automatically done
only if it is a specific operation, e.g., location lookup with more than
one record.

What do you think?

PS. this blending of the ser-kamailio sources gives me ideas to do some
cleanup as I review the code ... especially after midnight ...

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com