[Kamailio-Devel] new http_query function

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 13:01:24 CET 2008

Hello Juha,

On 11/16/08 00:52, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Klaus Darilion writes:
>
>  > can you work around it by using pseudo variables?
>
> klaus,
>
> i tried to implement http_query function like this:
>
> http_query(page, params, pvar)
>
> where result of the query would be assigned to pvar.
>
> i could not do it, because i didn't find a function in pvar.h that would
> allow me to assign a generic pvar (avp or script variable or core
> variable like $ru) a string value.
>
> also, i didn't find any example functions in modules that i use, where
> such a thing would have been done.
>
> so unless someone can give me a pointer to an example, i have to stick
> to the less generic version of this function that always assigns the
> result to request uri.
>
>  > e.g. $br = http_query(...);
>
> this won't work either, because according to my knowledge, module
> functions return an integer (status) value.

indeed, the functions exported by modules return integers with special
meanings:
http://www.asipto.com/pub/kamailio-devel-guide/#c16return_values

The PV spec includes inside the structure the pointer to set function.
The group modules has a function get_user_group() that sets to a PV an
integer value -- just as example to start -- also, action.c has
do_assign() using same mechanism.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com