[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [4261] trunk/modules/presence/notify.c

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri May 30 13:25:00 CEST 2008

On Friday 30 May 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Henning Westerholt writes:
>  > INFO:
>  > used for informational messages that are emmited during normal
>  > operation, should be understandable from users, to give an indicator
>  > about the performed  operations of the server, e.g. proceeded messages,
>  > routing descisions, startup informations
>
> i agree with this definition, but in my opinion generation of this kind
> of messages should be left to the script writer.
>
> i think the problem here is that when the request is generated by
> openser, it is not accessible to script writer and hence it was added to
> the module.
>
> this would be fine with me if generation of module info requests would
> be configurable, both if they are generated at all and if yes, also the
> text should be configurable, because someone may want it in finnish,
> chinese or whatever as you say "understandable from users".

Well, this was in fact configurable before i asked Anca to remove this
option. ;-) We've already to much module and core parameters IMHO.

I understand your requirement, but there is a lot of code in the server that
does already the same. So this change is not the first one that would affect
your clean setup, if you would use a different set of modules.

I think it make sense to seperate this type of informations from the DBG
level.