[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [4242] trunk

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon May 26 12:09:14 CEST 2008

On Sunday 25 May 2008, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> if entry proxy, e.g., load balancer, needs to forward request using
> t_relay to a backend proxy that actually handles the request, doesn't
> that cause a bottleneck at the load balancer, because it now ties up a
> process at the load balance until reply comes back from the backend
> proxy?

t_relay doesn't tie any process until the reply is received. the reply is
handled usually by a different process. once t_relay was called and the
script finished processing the process is free to handle another message.
the only thing that is creates extra is a transaction in memory.

I recall some tests made a while ago about the performance of the TM
machinery. It resulted that it can process 10000 transactions (or
requests I don't remember exactly) per second. I think that should be
enough for a load balancer.

--
Dan