[OpenSER-Devel] Is still necessary to change Makefile to compile Debian Etch deb package in OpenSer 1.3.1?

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 14 11:16:03 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> Hi, in OpenSer 1.3.0 if I want to compile a Debian Etch package I need to
> modify the Makefile since "make deb" pointed by default to Debian Sid
> (unstable):
>
>   # ln -sf packaging/debian
>   ln -sf packaging/debian-etch debian
>
> AFAIK there are not diferences in this aspects between 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, but
> will it be changed in a future release? IMHO is better if "make deb" points
> to Debian Etch.

Hi Iñaki,

the 'make deb' command build always for debian unstable. We discussed this
some time ago i think. There is a patch on the tracker to change this (offers
more commands) :

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1830970&group_id=139143&atid=743022

but its not applied yet. Perhaps it makes sense to apply/ change this, but the
current default is at least well known from all developers.