[OpenSER-Devel] FUNCTION ser.bitand does not exist

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Wed May 14 09:41:05 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Dan Pascu wrote:
> > > I think the addition on a function like Dan proposed make sense.
> >
> > Here I don't agree. For a number of reasons.
> > 1. inline can appear only if db-engine is defined at the compilation
> > stage, and this is highly undesirable.
> [..]
> While I think that it's a good thing that we can also support oracle, even
> though I have no need for it, I don't want to do this at the expense of
> the other database modules. So I don't really care what solution you have
> in mind to alleviate this. If it will be considered better and more
> generic than what I proposed, all the better. I just don't want to see
> the mysql/postgres code being transformed into something inefficient just
> for the sake of an oracle module which almost none uses.

I don't want this neither. So how we deal with the situation now? For me the
wrapper that gets introduced into usrloc is not a big problem, as i don't
think that the performance will suffer significant. But i'll try to create a
small benchmark in the next days to get a more accurate number for the
introduced performance penalty.

If we can't improve the API for 1.4, then the easiest thing would be to
introduce a small #ifdef around this statement, revert to the previous state
and remove the mysql wrapper function.