[OpenSER-Devel] New module and some restructuring

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue May 6 18:29:10 CEST 2008

dan,

it is great that you will provide improved nathelper module and new
mediaproxy.

 > 3. Common functionality between nathelper and mediaproxy which is related
 > to handling NAT traversal for SIP signaling purposes (like contact
 > fixing, nat detection, pinging) should be moved to the nat_traversal
 > module (we should consider the most complete version of the 2 and port
 > that). Pinging is already done by this new keepalive functionality.

i don't have anything against in combining signaling/nat pinging
functionality of nathelper and mediaproxy modules, but i don't consider
it a big thing to have two modules either.  i don't remember why, but
i'm currently using tests and fixes from nathelper module and
use_mediaproxy/end_media_session from mediaproxy module.

-- juha