[OpenSER-Devel] 1.3.1 release, status?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:59:26 CET 2008

On 03/06/08 12:32, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> just want to ask how the status for the 1.3.1 release is. According to the
> tracker there are still a few criticial/ higher prioritized bugs open against
> 1.3:
>
> - #1901434, 6xx reply handling
> - #1879864, openser crash when extra acc params enabled
> - #1904481, crash in usrloc DB_ONLY mode after seconds
>
> The last one is probably a misconfiguration, or a wrong database update. I
> really love those anonymous reports.. :-/
I tried to reproduce #1904481, but no luck. I asked for debug logs, I
think we go for 1.3.1 with this one open, if there is no quick feedback
and clear signs for a critical bug.

>  Bogdan, what do you think, how
> criticial is the 6xx handling bug?
>
> With regards to the extra-acc problem, according to Ovidiu this still happens
> if he adds more than a few extra acc parameters..
>
> Is there any hope that we can solve this problem perhaps in the next days? If
> this needs much more time to investigate, and only affect a few users, then
> perhaps a release without this fixes could be possible.
>
> Sure, release with known bugs is not optimal, but 1.3.0 has quite a few much
> more stupid bugs inside.

Indeed, since 1.3.0 we got a big bunch of fixes, 1.3.1 should be pushed
quickly. Other bugs will show up as we go, however, following the
discussion on the irc meeting, the minor releases should be out more
often, as soon as a critical bug is fixed, no matter how many other are
on pool.