[OpenSER-Devel] location issues

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jun 26 15:35:35 CEST 2008

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

 > - when use_domain is 1 - if '@' is missing from AoR, consider all the
 > time to be just the domain, accept to load records with empty
 > username

i personally don't have a situation where userpart could be empty.
reading usrloc documentation, i get impression that the module does not
support the case where userpart is missing, because if use_domain = 1,
then ALSO domain part is used to identify the user.

 > A question will be, what happens if a registration is for a domain and
 > use_domain=0? Discard the registration request? I don't recall now why
 > and when registrations for domains were included, but they might be
 > useful.

if use_domain=0 and there is no userpart, then there is nothing to
identify the user, i.e., the registration is not valid.

-- juha