[OpenSER-Devel] Modify functions in textops module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 08:29:00 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 06/16/08 18:18, Yazid Hadj Said wrote:
> Hi,
> In OpenSER many functions (in textops module) don't accept parameters
> dynamicly :
> remove_hf(hname),append_hf(txt,hdr), and all parameters where there
> are regular expression.
parameters that are regexp are not dynamic as the values is pre-compiled
at startup, during fixup procedure - increases the speed at runtime.
> Call this functions with Perl is a solution, but that can make memory
> leaks. So I want to modify this functions in source code to accept
> this kind of parameters.
> My questions, are  firstly  if you think that it is possible, and if
> it's yes  if you can give me some guidelines to develop this
> functions. I think that functions in mod_fix.c are useful for this
> purpose !!!!!
Here is a point to start as developer:
http://www.asipto.com/pub/openser-devel-guide/

If you get a patch that turns textops functions to accept also dynamic
regexp parameters, please update on the patches tracker.

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com