[OpenSER-Devel] PV issues (was Re: discussion: issues with local_route)

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 09:30:35 CEST 2008

Hello Dan,

On 06/19/08 16:02, Dan Pascu wrote:
> [...]
> Should I remind you that
> even after about 3 incarnations, the pseudovariable system still has
> issues dealing with NULL values correctly (by design) and that certain
> operators do not work in all cases?
can you summarize the operators and the issues? The redesign for PVs
were to allow indexes and names, then dynamic indexes and names, there
was no redesign of the functionality, just that the functions behind
were moved from xlog to core and renamed.

The NULL behaves differently for specific classes of PV, some delete and
some reset. I do not recall right now if it is an item opened on the
tracker, but if not, let;s open one and gather all these there.

AVPs and VARs do not have null values, also $r[uUd] - null gets a
different meaning, like delete or reset. I don't see how to make it
behave same for all PV, unless we remove the null, and stick to
functions like delete or reset.

http://www.asipto.com