[OpenSER-Devel] discussion: issues with local_route

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Wed Jun 18 22:06:33 CEST 2008

18 jun 2008 kl. 21.42 skrev Daniel-Constantin Mierla:

> Hello Henning,
>
> I believe the right approach is to put the local_route into defines
> and
> disable it by default. If someone wants to use it, then he/she must be
> aware of the risks, enable the compile flag and install from
> sources. I
> don't like to have a major release with such many issues enabled by
> default. People can maintain own trees with local route on if they
> wish
> to do so. I personally don't use private trees and rely only on
> public SVN.

I strongly agree. I have disabled features by default that I don't want
to support in a release, and maybe change in next release. Also mark
them "experimental" to not be forced to be backwards compatible.

Having to force people to disable stuff you don't want to support
by changing source is nothing I can recommend.

/O