[OpenSER-Devel] SF.net SVN: openser: [4329] trunk/modules/benchmark/benchmark.c

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Jun 9 18:06:19 CEST 2008

On Monday 09 June 2008, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
> [..]
> I really hate this discussion because it was invoked as technical (but
> not valid argument was brought in), than moved to project policy (but no
> rule - written or not-written was broken) and so on...
>
> All the arguments that were brought in against had more or less no real
> basis.  This "witch hunting" really make me wonder if this discussion is
> not actually only about personal opinions like "I do not like this new
> functionality" or "nobody came to me to ask my opinion" or "if I do it,
> I will do it better"......
> And I hate it, because there is no place for such opinions in an open
> source project.
> [..]

Hi Bogdan,

i don't want to add to much to this (already quite long) thread. But
this "political" things are as much as important as the technical ones. I
hate it sometimes too.. :-)

This is clearly a community effort, wich several developers working together
to produce something that we'll all (rightly) proud of. And the feeling that
i don't have the chance to contribute something, participate on something is
something that i don't like too as i expressed before. This has nothing to do
with hunting somebody, IMHO. Of course its not always easy to stay calm in a
heated discussion like this..

But for me this topic was now sufficiently discussed, i'll now try to get some
work done. ;-)