[OpenSER-Devel] proposal: 1.4 not freezing tonight

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 12:25:14 CEST 2008

Hello Henning,

On 06/09/08 12:45, Henning Westerholt wrote:
> On Saturday 07 June 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> [reasons..]
>> For this week, the plan will be:
>> - developers that have functions they consider are useful to be
>> available in local_route, will take care to do it for their code
>> - new features for local_route that are considered highly useful will be
>> added
>> - I am going to analyze, propose for discussion and implement a send_route
>>
>> I consider that will make 1.4 a big step forward, rather than sticking
>> to this stage for one year (when probably will be 1.5).
>>
>> This is more or less a vote of the developers, but opinions are welcome
>> from anybody. If by mid of next week, will be a majority for delaying of
>> expressed votes, then will be unfreeze for one more week. Otherwise, the
>> freezing can be considered from tonight.
>>

> Hi Daniel,
>
> i see benefits in staying to the schedule, as i don't need the functionality
> that much. But i think it make also sense to fix this "problem" now, instead
> of carrying it to the next release.
>
> So its ok for me to allocate some days to have time to work on _this_ problem
> (local_route). But i don't think that further delays are helpful, so i don't
> like the creation of just another new route (send_route). I'm sorry, but in
> my opinion its now a little bit too late for this. The release schedule was
> discussed well in advance and we all agreed to this.

OK, send_route might be too late for discussion and implementation
without breaking too much the current scheduling. We can focus on the
local_route and review the modules that can be activated and see what
else can be done there to have good coherence in 1.4.

Thanks,
Daniel

--
http://www.asipto.com