[OpenSER-Devel] proposal: 1.4 not freezing tonight

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Mon Jun 9 11:45:19 CEST 2008

On Saturday 07 June 2008, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> [reasons..]
> For this week, the plan will be:
> - developers that have functions they consider are useful to be
> available in local_route, will take care to do it for their code
> - new features for local_route that are considered highly useful will be
> added
> - I am going to analyze, propose for discussion and implement a send_route
>
> I consider that will make 1.4 a big step forward, rather than sticking
> to this stage for one year (when probably will be 1.5).
>
> This is more or less a vote of the developers, but opinions are welcome
> from anybody. If by mid of next week, will be a majority for delaying of
> expressed votes, then will be unfreeze for one more week. Otherwise, the
> freezing can be considered from tonight.

Hi Daniel,

i see benefits in staying to the schedule, as i don't need the functionality
that much. But i think it make also sense to fix this "problem" now, instead
of carrying it to the next release.

So its ok for me to allocate some days to have time to work on _this_ problem
(local_route). But i don't think that further delays are helpful, so i don't
like the creation of just another new route (send_route). I'm sorry, but in
my opinion its now a little bit too late for this. The release schedule was
discussed well in advance and we all agreed to this.