[OpenSER-Devel] another media-relay problem

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu Jun 5 19:19:31 CEST 2008

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Dan Pascu writes:
>
>  > This error and another one you posted, look like you do not have a
>  > default route.
>
> that is correct.  default route gets installed by pppd, when i make
> connection over gprs to internet.  there is no default route before
> that, which i think should be ok.
>
>  > We made some change that will give an error message if it
>  > can't determine the address of the interface with the default route.
>  > Also we added some option to explicitly specify which IP address to use
>  > for relaying, for people that don't want to use the IP of the interface
>  > with the default route (which is the most sensible choice in most cases,
>  > but one should be able to overwrite it for testing purposes or some
>  > custom environments). These should be available in the next version.
>  > Until then, make sure your interface is up and you have a default route
>  > (even if it points to the loopback interface).
>
> as i mentioned, all ip addresses in config.ini are 127.0.0.1.  i'll wait
> until the next version is available where default route is not needed.

If the default route is missing and there is no explicit relay IP set,
it will not start, instead give you an error message and explain what
you should do. In your case you should probably set the relay IP
explicitly in the config, but on an internet server the default
mechanism that uses the default IP address should work and no manual
setting of the rela yIP should be needed.

--
Dan