[OpenSER-Devel] another media-relay problem

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Jun 5 19:06:53 CEST 2008

Dan Pascu writes:

 > This error and another one you posted, look like you do not have a
 > default route.

that is correct.  default route gets installed by pppd, when i make
connection over gprs to internet.  there is no default route before
that, which i think should be ok.

 > We made some change that will give an error message if it
 > can't determine the address of the interface with the default route.
 > Also we added some option to explicitly specify which IP address to use
 > for relaying, for people that don't want to use the IP of the interface
 > with the default route (which is the most sensible choice in most cases,
 > but one should be able to overwrite it for testing purposes or some
 > custom environments). These should be available in the next version.
 > Until then, make sure your interface is up and you have a default route
 > (even if it points to the loopback interface).

as i mentioned, all ip addresses in config.ini are 127.0.0.1.  i'll wait
until the next version is available where default route is not needed.

-- juha