[OpenSER-Devel] Presence and dialog-info patch + problem

Anca Vamanu anca at voice-system.ro
Fri Jul 25 18:20:44 CEST 2008

Hi Alex,

Alex Hermann wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I'm trying to implement rfc4235 support in OpenSER. After teaching OpenSER
> about the dialog event [patch 1], it should have been able to handle PUBLISH
> and SUBSCRIBE with event: dialog.
>
> But it didn't.
>
> After a debugging session it was concluded that _only_ for dialog events,
> OpenSER does not take the RURI as presentity URI, but the From: header. My
> question is why is there a special case for the dialog event in the _general_
> presence module? Especially since it breaks dialog events.
>
> My guess is that it is to support dialog;bla, but the current implementation
> (hack?) breaks regular dialog support.
>
> The second patch extends the current special case to require the event: dialog
> header to have a parameter, but in my opinion it would be cleaner if there
> aren't any event specific hacks in the general presence module. Unfortunately
> I have no clue how bla works, so no usefull input from me.

You are right. This is a special case for bla. I don't like it either.
But the fact is that the draft is not RFC 'compliant'. It has different
rules.
Now since you mentioned this problem I thought at a better solution than
adding more special cases. I would do taking presentity_uri event
specific and make every event define a function to extract the
presentity uri from the first Subscribe message.

regards,
Anca Vamanu