[OpenSER-Devel] Presence and dialog-info patch + problem

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Fri Jul 25 18:01:50 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I'm trying to implement rfc4235 support in OpenSER. After teaching OpenSER
about the dialog event [patch 1], it should have been able to handle PUBLISH
and SUBSCRIBE with event: dialog.

But it didn't.

After a debugging session it was concluded that _only_ for dialog events,
OpenSER does not take the RURI as presentity URI, but the From: header. My
question is why is there a special case for the dialog event in the _general_
presence module? Especially since it breaks dialog events.

My guess is that it is to support dialog;bla, but the current implementation
(hack?) breaks regular dialog support.

The second patch extends the current special case to require the event: dialog
header to have a parameter, but in my opinion it would be cleaner if there
aren't any event specific hacks in the general presence module. Unfortunately
I have no clue how bla works, so no usefull input from me.

Patches are against 1.3+svn

Feedback is welcomed.
--
Greetings,