[OpenSER-Devel] Newbie doubt

Daniel Cardoso Alves dcardosoa at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jan 29 15:41:52 UTC 2008

Thank you very much...

This is a excelent way...

Thanks...

Jerome Martin <jmartin at longphone.fr> escreveu:           Hi Daniel,

 On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 10:35 -0300, Daniel Cardoso Alves wrote:
      Firstly, thanks for your quickly reply. You indicated good docs.

     When I said new function, I wanted say functions like force_rtp_proxy, sl_send_reply, rewritehostport, etc..., But I will make simple functions or simply change some function already existing.

 This is relatively easy when adding some script-level functions to a module.
 For instance, if you take a look at dialog.c in the dialog directory, you'll notice
 several structure defining exported params, script functions, mi functions and stats.
 Those structure are themselves referenced from a "module_exports exports" structure.

 In order to add exported script functions, you should define the function with desired functionnality in
 C and add it to the relevant "cmd" structure so it is exported to the script. I suggest you take a look at
 the module of your choice and follow occurences of some exported functions in the source code. Notice
 how the "cmd" structure maps the script function to a "callback" function in the code. Then follow that
 C function definition to get a taste of how it is implemented, how it manipulates vars and such.

 That's a very basic start, but I guess it is a start anyway. Hope this gets you on track.

 Regards,

 Jérôme Martin | LongPhone
 Responsable Architecture Réseau
 122, rue la Boetie | 75008 Paris