[OpenSER-Devel] Newbie doubt

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Tue Jan 29 14:00:48 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 10:35 -0300, Daniel Cardoso Alves wrote:

> Firstly, thanks for your quickly reply. You indicated good docs.
>
> When I said new function, I wanted say functions like force_rtp_proxy,
> sl_send_reply, rewritehostport, etc..., But I will make simple
> functions or simply change some function already existing.

This is relatively easy when adding some script-level functions to a
module.
For instance, if you take a look at dialog.c in the dialog directory,
you'll notice
several structure defining exported params, script functions, mi
functions and stats.
Those structure are themselves referenced from a "module_exports
exports" structure.

In order to add exported script functions, you should define the
function with desired functionnality in
C and add it to the relevant "cmd" structure so it is exported to the
script. I suggest you take a look at
the module of your choice and follow occurences of some exported
functions in the source code. Notice
how the "cmd" structure maps the script function to a "callback"
function in the code. Then follow that
C function definition to get a taste of how it is implemented, how it
manipulates vars and such.

That's a very basic start, but I guess it is a start anyway. Hope this
gets you on track.

Regards,

Jérôme Martin | LongPhone
Responsable Architecture Réseau