[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1878330 ] coredup on invalid option

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 23 16:56:14 UTC 2008

Bugs item #1878330, was opened at 2008-01-23 08:56
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743020&aid=1878330&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: core
Group: ver 1.3.x

Initial Comment:
Hello,
 I am using "BlackCat". When I try to run this proxy using with "-i fifo-path" or "-x socket-path" option then this make coredump. I find that this two option already removed from this file because of mi_fifo and mi_datagram module(I think), but the assignment of this two option in "options" variable is not removed at line no.911 from "main.c" file. Thats why when we try to use this option then it leads to the default case, which is abort and then make coredump.
 I have a question,Is there any reason to use abort function in default case? can we use a "usage" function to show the short list of valid option? If we can do this then I attached a simple patch, I think it will be usefull.

Thanks and regards,
Salahuddin Ahmed