[OpenSER-Devel] Major carrierroute reworking

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Fri Feb 29 16:37:13 CET 2008

On Friday 29 February 2008, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
> >  You suggest that we add a generic tag AVP, that is read from the table.
> > For this a global module parameter could be used, yes. But do you think
> > that it would also make sense to combine this parameter with the
> > dest-AVPs that are used from the functions given above? For what
> > functions do you will need such a additional tag? Can you perhaps give an
> > example?
>
> My suggestion was to remove the dest-AVP because the host can be
> easily retrieved from $ru via transformations.

Hi,

yes, but $ru don't hold the port of the rewrite host. So i think this
parameter is actually useful. But you don't need to use this parameter, its
now even documented in the README. :-)

> I was suggesting adding a tag for tagging each gateway or a group of
> gateways, for instance, for traffic shaping (control over number of
> calls per second via ratelimit module or number of active channels via
> dialog module).

Ah, understand now, this could be useful. But i want to first stabilize things
a little bit, writing some tests for the already existing functionality..