[OpenSER-Devel] Major carrierroute reworking

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Fri Feb 29 14:35:49 CET 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Henning Westerholt
<henning.westerholt at 1und1.de> wrote:
> On Thursday 28 February 2008, Ovidiu Sas wrote:
>  > [..]
>
> > Since the module is still under development, I would like to ask for a
>  > feature. The new functions 'cr_route' and 'cr_load_next_domain' has a
>  > parameter called 'dstavp' and it holds the rewritten host.
>  > Since the host can be easily extracted from $ru, I would like to make
>  > this avp generic and return a tag, just like for the trusted table:
>  > [..]
>
> > This implies adding a new column to the cr tables and a new param for
>  > the cr module.  Also, specifing the dstavp inside a param, will reduce
>  > the number of arguments for the two functions.
>  > Please let me know your thoughts.
>
>  Hi Ovidiu,
>
>  the actual interface looks at the moment like this:
>
>  - cr_user_carrier(user, domain, dstavp)
>  The AVP holds the carrier id.
>
>  - cr_route(carrier, domain, prefix_matching, rewrite_user, hash_source,
>  dstavp)
>  The dstavp holds the rewritten host, its possible to extract this from $ru.
>
>  - cr_load_next_domain(carrier, domain, prefix_matching, host,
>  reply_code, dstavp)
>  This dstavp holds the next routing domain, and not the rewritten host.
>

>  You suggest that we add a generic tag AVP, that is read from the table. For
>  this a global module parameter could be used, yes. But do you think that it
>  would also make sense to combine this parameter with the dest-AVPs that are
>  used from the functions given above? For what functions do you will need such
>  a additional tag? Can you perhaps give an example?

My suggestion was to remove the dest-AVP because the host can be
easily retrieved from $ru via transformations.
I was suggesting adding a tag for tagging each gateway or a group of
gateways, for instance, for traffic shaping (control over number of
calls per second via ratelimit module or number of active channels via
dialog module).

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas