[OpenSER-Devel] $Au or $aU ?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at in.ilimit.es
Fri Feb 8 10:16:36 CET 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 20:53:18 Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:
>  >  $au - username from Authorization or Proxy-Authorization header
>  >  $aU - whole username from Authorization or Proxy-Authorization header
>  >  $adu - URI from Authorization or Proxy-Authorization header. This URI
>  > is used when calculating the HTTP Digest Response.
>  >
>  > But the fact is that the working variable as "whole username" is $Au
>  > (instead of $aU).
>
> $Au does not an auth header attribute:
>
> 	{{"aU", (sizeof("aU")-1)}, /* */
> 		PVT_AUTH_USERNAME_WHOLE, pv_get_authattr, 0,
> 		0, 0, pv_init_iname, 4},
> 	{{"Au", (sizeof("Au")-1)}, /* */
> 		PVT_ACC_USERNAME, pv_get_acc_username, 0,

Then, what is $Au?
It seems to be an username for accounting, but where does OpenSer extract that
field from the INVITE header?

>  > In trunk version I show all those variables (plus $adu):
>  > ---------------------
>  >  au = 550
>  >  aU = 550
>  >  Au = 550 at domain.org
>  >  adu = sip:called_numer at domain.org
>  >  -------------------------
>
> $au is equal to $aU is there is no domain in auth username.

But usually "U" means just username part, while in this case it seems to be
the opposite:
- $au = username from Authorization or Proxy-Authorization header
- $aU = whole username from Authorization or Proxy-Authorization header

do you mean that $au could be "550" while $aU could be "550 at domain.org" (in
case the UAC uses user at domain for digest auth?

Thanks.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
ibc at in.ilimit.es