[OpenSER-Devel] Problem with SVN and latest patches

Jerome Martin jmartin at longphone.fr
Thu Feb 7 17:29:17 CET 2008

Hi Henning,

Thanks for taking the time for a reply :-)

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 15:56 +0100, Henning Westerholt wrote:

> svn maintains a global version number for a repository, that contains in our
> case the trunk, branches and tags. As changes are made in trunk and branches,
> this number is increased, as you surely know.

Well, yes, that is what I thought.

> $ svn info https://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openser/branches/1.3
> Revision: 3662
> Node Kind: directory
> Last Changed Author: bogdan_iancu
> Last Changed Rev: 3654
> Last Changed Date: 2008-02-07 10:39:15 +0100 (Do, 07 Feb 2008)
>
> $ svn info https://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openser/trunk
> Revision: 3662
> Node Kind: directory
> Last Changed Author: miconda
> Last Changed Rev: 3662
> Last Changed Date: 2008-02-07 14:06:00 +0100 (Do, 07 Feb 2008)
>
> As you see from the output, the revision is the same, even if the last change
> revision is different. So if you checkout revision 3662 of the repository
> regardless which directory or branch, you should get the same content every
> time.

We do agree on that :-)

> As revision 3662 was commited today, i don't understand how its possible that
> you have a checkout with this revision from a few days ago.

This is precisely where I'm puzzled.

> You could use svn
> info to get the revision of your (presumable) changed copy.

That would work ... if I did a checkout. But I did an export.
I have this script that exports some tree
(like
https://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openser/branches/1.3),
and uses the revision output from svn to name a tarball it makes out of
it
(I'm using this to get the "upstream" archive for my local debian
packaging).

Well, I've reviewed my script again, and it seems to work.
Hell, I'll just assume that something went wrong on my side when
exporting that "pseudo-3662" revision 3 days ago ....
Maybe I did something manually and don't remember.

Thanks anyway :-)

Regards,

Jérôme Martin | LongPhone
Responsable Architecture Réseau