[OpenSER-Devel] Problem with SVN and latest patches

Henning Westerholt henning.westerholt at 1und1.de
Thu Feb 7 15:56:07 CET 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Jerome Martin wrote:
> I was too fast, both patches have indeed been applied in 1.3 (I messed
> up with diff :-) ).
> However, I still don't get the revision scheme. I use svn in-house, and
> the behavior here seems to be different.
> Any clues ?

Hi Jerome,

svn maintains a global version number for a repository, that contains in our
case the trunk, branches and tags. As changes are made in trunk and branches,
this number is increased, as you surely know.

$ svn info https://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openser/branches/1.3
Revision: 3662
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: bogdan_iancu
Last Changed Rev: 3654
Last Changed Date: 2008-02-07 10:39:15 +0100 (Do, 07 Feb 2008)

$ svn info https://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openser/trunk
Revision: 3662
Node Kind: directory
Last Changed Author: miconda
Last Changed Rev: 3662
Last Changed Date: 2008-02-07 14:06:00 +0100 (Do, 07 Feb 2008)

As you see from the output, the revision is the same, even if the last change
revision is different. So if you checkout revision 3662 of the repository
regardless which directory or branch, you should get the same content every
time.

As revision 3662 was commited today, i don't understand how its possible that
you have a checkout with this revision from a few days ago. You could use svn
info to get the revision of your (presumable) changed copy.