[Kamailio-Devel] avp_db_query()

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 11:03:50 CET 2008

On 12/01/08 20:03, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
> On 12/01/08 19:50, Alex Hermann wrote:
>
>> On Monday 01 December 2008 18:30:40 Klaus Darilion wrote:
>>

>>> Please, if it is not yet done, describe the new, exact behavior in the
>>> README
>>>
>>> Further I wonder if this can break existing configs
>>>

>> I was about to write the same thing.
>>
>> I don't think this change is appropriate for 1.3 and 1.4 as it changes a long
>> standing behaviour on which many scripts may depend.
>>

> What was returned true in the past is still true.
>
> The problem was that insert/update/delete that were successful were
> reported as false, same as it was error for these operations -- all
> insert/delete/update were returning false. Let me know if you find
> something broken in any of your scripts upon this change. It looked as
> bug in the first place.

reviewing the patches before the new release, I could update this one to
return false when no result is returned, but a different return code
than when it is an internal error. Practically will be full backward
compatibility. Still, no result is not a processing error. Would it be
better?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com