[Kamailio-Devel] Food for thought?

Tue Aug 26 09:39:30 CEST 2008

Alex Balashov wrote:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sparks-sip-invfix-02

Interesting:
1. Robert Sparks is now working for Tekelec?
2. I am not sure if this is relevant at all for Kamailio. This draft
does not change the behavior of routing back the responses. Thus, if the
proxy forks the INVITE and both callees send 200 OK at the same time the
proxy still has to forward both of them to the caller. This draft is
more about keeping the INVITE transaction in memory to absorb
retransmissions. Bogdan, AFAIK transaction are always kept in memory for
some time to absorb retransmissions. If this is also the case for
INVITE-200 then Kamailio is in fact not 100% RFC 3261 conform and thus
does not suffer from the RFC 3261 bug.

One other thing is, that the draft says a statefull proxy must not
forward stray responses. This is a feature I want for some time now and
maybe we should implement it anyhow for security reasons.

regards
klaus