[Kamailio-Devel] initializing shared variables from database

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Aug 25 08:24:15 CEST 2008

Juha Heinanen wrote:

> the feedback that i have received from my users is that they don't like
> editing text files and would prefer a web based interface instead.  to
> me it does not sound attractive to make my web server to do text based
> editing of config file.  i would rather like to change the values in a
> database.

That makes sense.

But web-based front-ends are -- except in relatively generic
applications a la serMyAdmin -- rather contrary to the polymorphic and
multipurpose essence of OpenSER.

Specific applications of OpenSER can be built with a web-front end for
provisioning, but the product itself should not have such aspirations.
Its usefulness stems entirely from the fact that the script can be
edited by hand to do... well, pretty much anything.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems