[Kamailio-Devel] initializing shared variables from database

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Aug 25 08:03:25 CEST 2008

Juha Heinanen wrote:

> i would like to make kamailio more user friendly by getting rid of many
> things that are currently hard coded in config script.  this could be
> accomplished if i could initialize script or shared memory variables
> from database when server is started and also dynamically when server is
> running.
>
> currently i don't know a way how to accomplish this.  if such a thing
> does not exit yet, how about introducing a "server_init" route block
> that gets executed when server starts and that could be re-executed on
> the fly by a mi command?  any better ideas?

I do not know that this would have the effect of making Kamailio more
user-friendly, especially for those using it in applications where a
database is not required and there is no interest in setting one up.  It
is far more straightforward to configure module parameters, for example,
in script, in terms of total time and complexity.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems