[Kamailio-Devel] pseudo variable module

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Aug 22 09:11:26 CEST 2008

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

 > Having all in a module is an option. I was thinking to let there the
 > common used ones, and move in a new module the rest. That will ensure a
 > small foot print for core in case of special configs (e.g., load
 > balancer -- avps are needed there for failover, but most of the rest are
 > not).

what PVs are in common use is a subjective thing.  load balancer's needs
cannot be used as a judge.  if all PVs are in a module, one can always
in special cases (eg load balancer) access them directly without the
module.

so in order to avoid a mess of prioritizing PVs (which deserve core
placement and which don't), i suggest implementing them all in a
module.

-- juha