[Kamailio-Devel] pseudo variable module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:04:16 CEST 2008

Hello Juha,

On 08/22/08 09:39, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i could not find daniel's message about a new pseudo variable module
> proposal.  anyway, i have a couple of questions:
>
> - why are pseudo variables implemented in the core at the first place,
>   because they are not usually referenced by modules but by script?

in the past modules couldn't export pseudo-variables.
> - how much slower would access to pseudo variables become if they are
>   implemented in a module?

there should be no penalty, pseudo-variables are resolved at startup and
direct pointers are used during runtime

> - in my opinion, for consistency either all or none of pseudo variables
>   should be implemented in a module.

Having all in a module is an option. I was thinking to let there the
common used ones, and move in a new module the rest. That will ensure a
small foot print for core in case of special configs (e.g., load
balancer -- avps are needed there for failover, but most of the rest are
not).

> -- juha

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com