[Kamailio-Devel] Merging patches from opensips?

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Aug 14 08:28:15 CEST 2008

13 aug 2008 kl. 12.47 skrev C. Bergström:

> I don't mean to stir things up... I'm curious if there will be a
> continued effort to merged changes/bug fixes and features with both
> projects?  I've been glancing over the commit logs of both projects
> lately and noticed this..
>
> http://openser.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/openser?view=rev&revision=4669
>
> backport from opensips (r4513 + r4589):
> - active and early dialogs counters (statistics variables) are
> properly set while loading DB content
>
> I'm certainly not able to tell if it's worth the effort, but putting
> all
> egos aside was this planned?

Actually, there's now three projects sharing parts of the code. Of
course, with the split
between OpenSIPS and Kamailio being so recent, they today share a very
high degree
of code, something that might change in the future.

As a user I think using the rights given by the GPL like this, copying
and evaluating
each others work. makes both projects better. It has been going on for
a long time between the various
flavours of BSD systems.

Of course, it adds work for both teams too.

My conclusion is that I personally hope that the two former OpenSER
teams watch each other and
follow development on SER. I want the best of all three projects :-)

/O