[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1801898 ] route-set bug in presence module

Will Quan wiquan at employees.org
Sat Sep 29 23:22:47 CEST 2007

Juha,
My response was only to shed some light into why the R-R headers are
allowed in mid-call requests, not an attempt to sway opinions of whether
or not it is a good idea. The ietf obviously thought it was a good idea,
but your not required to do it.

So given your examples your 100% right, but please also consider this:
Is it possible that the UAS is a SIP call-server supervising a media
gateway peripheral via H.248 or similar protocol?
Is it possible that media is streaming through the MG peripheral while
the call-server is failing over to a secondary?
Perhaps call-servers can initiate audits of the MG (e.g H.248 context
audit).
I don't know the answers, but I suspect the primary benefit might be
that active calls are not dropped, while a mid-call request (eg.
hold/retrieve) could re-create the dialog.

I don't know of any specifications requiring this kind of behavior, or
what you described.

regards,
--will