[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Bugs-1801898 ] route-set bug in presence module

Sat Sep 29 13:22:39 CEST 2007

Will Quan wrote:
> In the past I had posted a similar question to sip-implementors. The
> explanation was this:
>
> The R-R headers are added to new request to give a chance to crashed
> end-points to
> re-create state from a mid-dialog request such as re-INVITE to
> refresh the call. This is clearer from Section 16.6: Step 4.
>
> "The proxy will remain on the path if it chooses to not insert
> a R-R header field value into requests that are already
> part of a dialog. However, it would be removed from the path
> when an endpoint that has failed reconstitutes the dialog."

Yes. But IMO a client should not re-create state. If the UAS does not
find a matching dialog it should reject the transaction and the UAC
should create a new dialog. Much more safe - accepting in-dialog request
without matching having a matching dialog introduces lots of security
problems.

regards
klaus