[OpenSER-Devel] [ openser-Patches-1803180 ] New Sleepcat DB Module

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 27 19:29:33 CEST 2007

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by henningw
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=743022&aid=1803180&group_id=139143

not just the latest update.
Category: modules
Group: ver 1.2.x

Initial Comment:
All,

Please consider adding the following module to the Openser codebase.

The attached tarball contains the source and docs to a new module named 'sleepycat'. This is a DB module that incorporates the Berkeley DB in Openser. Berkeley DB is not a relational DB, but rather a high-performance embedded DB kernel.

The Berkeley DB offers a couple of architectures:
1. Concurrent Data Store (CDS)
2. Transaction Data Store

This module uses the CDS model. One of the main differences between these architectures is DB recovery and robustness (Please refer to the Berkeley DB for full details). In a nutshell, the onus of recovery is on the application (e.g. openser). This modules contains a recovery program utils/sleepycat/sc_recover that fulfills this need.

Like other DB modules, the DB must be created before Openser can be started. There is a script scripts/sleepycat.sh that can be used to create the DB once the Berkeley DB is installed.

**Important** Berkeley DB v4.6.19 contains a bug that will most certainly result in deadlock. There is a patch available for Berkeley DB 4.6.19, and the fix is to be sourced in the next release of 4.6. For now I recommend 4.5 (older version should work too).

Special thanks to the authors of dbtext and postgesql modules. Some of this code may look familiar to you all .

dbtext - Daniel-Constantin Mierla

postgres - Greg Fausak, Andy Fullford, Norman Brandinger

Regards,
William Quan
Cisco Systems